The fiber optic splice closure is to connect two or more optic cables together, and has the connection part of the protection parts, which is necessary to be used in the construction of the optic cable line project, and is one of the very important equipments. The quality of the line and the service life of the optic cable line.
[caption id="attachment_1520" align="alignnone" width="600"] 144-Fiber Inline Fiber Optic Splice Clousre[/caption]
2. Brief introduction of fiber optic terminal closure
The fiber optic splice closure is a popular name, the scientific name is the fiber optic terminal closure, also known as IP68 underground fiber optic junction box, the outdoor fiber optic enclosure and the dome fiber closure. It belongs to a mechanical pressure seal joint system and is a continuous protection device that provides optic, sealing and mechanical strength continuity between adjacent optic cables. It is mainly used for the straight-through and branch connection of the overhead, pipeline, direct buried and other laying methods of various structural optic cables.
The splice closure's body adopts imported reinforced plastic, which has high strength and corrosion resistance. The terminal enclosure is suitable for the connection in the terminal room of the structural optic cable. The structure is mature, the seal is reliable, and the construction is convenient. Widely used in communications, network systems, CATV cable TV, optic cable network systems, etc. The right side is the two-in two-out connector box;
It is used for the protective connection and optic fiber distribution between two or more optic cables. It is one of the commonly used equipment for user access points. It mainly completes the outdoor connection of the distribution optic cable and the indoor optic cable, and can be accessed according to FTTX. It can be install box type splitter or simple optic splitter.
· The closure of the product is made of high-quality engineering plastics.
· The splice closure uses twice-cable technology to ensure that the fiber in the box has no additional attenuation.
· The outdoor cable box enclosure has multiple reuse and expansion functions.
· Size: Variable
· Neck of cable hole: Φ20mm
· Single disc core number: 12/24
· Maximum splice tray: minimum capacity 4 cores maximum capacity 144 cores.
· Maximum number of melted fiber discs: 6
· Tensile sealing: 2000N axial tension, no air leakage.
· Withstand voltage strength: 15KV (DC).
· Stretch seal: After the product is inflated, it can withstand 2000N axial tension without air leakage
· Impact sealing: After the product is inflated, it can withstand the impact energy of 16N * m (Newton * m) three times.
· All other performance requirements are in line with YD / T814.1-2004 standard requirements.
[caption id="attachment_1519" align="alignnone" width="600"] 288-Fiber inline fiber optic splice closure[/caption]
3. Different types of splice closure
According to the shape and structure, it can be divided into two types: dome type fiber optic splice closure and inline type fiber optic splice closure;
There are aerial fiber splicing enclosure, pipeline (tunnel) and direct buried types according to the laying method of optic cable;
According to the optic cable connection method, it is divided into two types: straight-through connection and divergent connection;
According to the sealing method, there are heat shrinkable seal type and mechanical seal type.
[caption id="attachment_1524" align="alignnone" width="600"] 288-Fiber inline fiber optic splice closure[/caption]
It has the performance of restoring the integrity of the cable jacket and the mechanical continuity of the cable reinforcement member.
Provide the function of electrical connection, grounding or disconnection of the metal components in the optic cable.
It has the performance of protecting the optic fiber connector from the environment.
Provide the function of placing the optic fiber connector and storing the remaining optic fiber.
When necessary, the fiber optic cable connector box should also have termite resistance.
After being protected by the outdoor network enclosure, the optic fiber connector should be protected from moisture, should not increase the attenuation of the optic fiber connector before protection, and meet the following requirements:
The remaining optic fibers in the plp fiber enclosures are coiled in the optic fiber placement device. During the installation and use of termination enclosure, the optic fiber connector should have no significant additional attenuation.
After the outdoor cable box enclosure is packaged according to the specified operating procedures, the inflation pressure in the fiber joint enclosure is (100 ± 5) kPa, soak it in a clean water container at room temperature and observe for 15 minutes without bubbles escaping, or observe the 24-hour barometer The instructions should be unchanged.
The ip68 enclosure is repackaged three times in accordance with the prescribed operating procedures and then tested. The inflation pressure in the optic cable connector box is l00kPa ± 5kPa, soak in a clean water container at room temperature and observe stably for 15 minutes without bubbles escaping, or observe stably for 24 hours and the barometer indicates no change.
After the following tests, there shall be no change in the box body and all parts of the box of the optic cable joint. If necessary, do a light inspection or open the box body to check. The following tests should be filled with (60 ± 5) kPa air pressure in the optic cable joint box, and the air pressure should not change after the test; observe it stably in a clean water container immersed at room temperature for 15 minutes, and no bubbles should escape or observe the 24h barometer indicator There should be no change, and the shell and its components should be free of cracks, damage and obvious deformation .
5. Installation of fiber optic enclosure
1. Remove the outer layer of the optic cable, (if there is, please remove the shielding and armor) and then remove each cladding to expose the loose tube. For the specific method, follow the standard method steps recommended by the optic cable manufacturer and prepare a length of 3 meters.
2. Clean the loose tube and the reinforced core sheath with a cleaning agent, remove the excess filling tube, and polish the cable sheath 150mm long with the provided sandpaper.
Fiber optic cable installation
1. Select the sealing ring with the smallest inner diameter according to the outer diameter of the optic cable, and sleeve the two sealing rings on the optic cable.
2. Put the optic cable into the corresponding entry hole.
3. Connect the shield and ground.
4. Wrap self-adhesive sealing tape between the two sealing rings so that the sealing tape is wound flush with the outer diameter of the sealing ring to form a sealed end of the optic cable.
5. Press the sealed end of the optic cable into the optic cable entry hole.
6. Use the hose clamp to pass through the cable stiffener fixing base and the cable core bracket, fix the cable on the base of the joint box, and tighten the hose clamp screw until the hose clamp is tightened.
7. Tie nylon cable ties on the optic cable and cut the remaining length.
8. The remaining unused optic cable holes should be sealed with plugs. Sealing tape is also wrapped around the plug, and the requirements are the same as those in 5.2.4.
9. Wrap the reinforcing member on the countersunk head screw of the splice tray support and press it tightly.
1. After preparing the reel, coil 1.5 times of optic fiber, and then coil all the remaining fibers in the splice closure.
2. Use a single-core buffer tube for single-core fiber mounting, and use a ribbon buffer tube for ribbon fiber mounting. Tighten with nylon cable ties at the entrance of the fusion splice tray.
3. Butt two (belt) optic fibers in accordance with the prescribed method, the connector is snapped into the slot of the fusion splicing unit, and the remaining length should be coiled in the tray.
4. Cover the fusion splice tray, please press it into place.
5. According to the required capacity of the splice enclosure, determine the number of superimposed splice trays. The superimposed type of the splice tray must meet the requirements of the optic fiber connector snapped into the splice unit and checked and maintained. Each of the two welding plates can be superimposed, and six holes on the rubber hinge can be used to clamp the three convex twists on the upper and lower plates; four rubber hinges, two symmetrical positions on both sides of the plate, such as five superimposed Welding disk, according to the above method, buckle the two-layer disk and the three-layer disk, the three-layer disk and the four-layer disk, the four-layer disk and the five-layer disk, and so on, the five disks are steadily stacked together . When it is necessary to observe or maintain the welding situation of a certain layer of disk, as long as the two folds of the upper layer of the single side of the disk are removed, the welding disk can be opened like turning a book page.
splice closure seal
1. Splice closure packaging: Before the enclousre packaging, first tighten the valve nozzle and the ground screw. ? Insert the sealing strip into the sealing groove around the splice closure body; Also insert the sealing strip into the groove at the "U" grooves at both ends of the joint closure. Note: Use the sealing strip, do not pull the sealing strip artificially to avoid leakage.
2. Gently close the upper cover of the joint enclosure and screw in the tightening bolts. The tightening sequence is in accordance with the numerical order marked on the cover. Use a torque wrench to forbid the torque to reach 25N · m
3. After 5 minutes, use a torque wrench to tighten sequentially, the torque still reaches 25N · m.
1. Loosen the 10 tightening bolts in sequence, while the cover and the seat are still together.
2. Take four fastening bolts and insert them into the four corners of the enclosure respectively, and screw them into the top cover symmetrically and evenly, so that the cover and the seat are separated by up to 6mm.
3. After 5 minutes, evenly top the cover to separate the cover and the seat> 6mm, until the cover and the seat can be easily separated by hand. Note: The cover must be gently removed during separation to prevent damage to the spliced fiber.
4. If the capacity increase or inspection is over, the cover needs to be closed again. The old sealing strip must be removed and the sealing strip must be re-applied to the sealing groove, including the seal at the cable entry end of the "U" groove.